To make meal times a little bit easier – and even tastier – the Moy Park chefs have developed a range of simple and delicious chicken dishes they will be showcasing on the Tesco Cookery Theatre in the Food NI Pavilion at The Balmoral Show 2015. Each dish is bursting with flavour – guaranteed to make your mouth water!
Preparation Time 20 Minutes
Cooking Time Aprox. 90 Mins
- 1 Moy Park Whole Chicken
- 1 lemon
- 1 bulb of garlic (cut in half)
- Knob of butter
- Salt and cracked black pepper for seasoning
- Selection of fresh herbs
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / Fan 170°C / Gas Mark 5.
- Score each chicken leg and thigh twice with a sharp knife – this will help the flavour to penetrate.
- Slice the lemon in half and rub over the entire chicken.
- Cut the garlic bulb in half and rub over the whole chicken.
- Soften the butter to room temperature and cover the chicken with it – this will give the chicken a crispy golden skin when cooked.
- Sprinkle with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Insert the fresh herbs into the cavity of the chicken – this will enhance the flavour of the meat and the juices will create a delicious gravy.
- Cook in the preheated oven for approx. 1 hour 30 minutes or until the juices run clear.