This dish was demonstrated by Paula McIntrye at the Northern Ireland Potato Festival on Saturday 3rd October.
Preparation Time 10 Minutes
Cooking Time 40 Minutes
- 200g soft butter
- 150g castor sugar
- 4 eggs
- 350g cold mashed potato
- 150g self raising flour
- 50 ground almonds
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time with some of the flour to stop curdling.
- Add the almonds, baking powder, remaining flour, mashed potato and vanilla and mix to a smooth batter.
- Place in a 10 inch cake tin lined with parchment paper and bake for 40 minutes at 180oc or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Alternatively place in individual moulds and bake for about 25 minutes.
- (2nd instructions)
- Boil to a syrup and pour over the hot cake.
- (3rd instructions)
- Cook the damsons and the sugar together until the damsons are soft.
- Spoon out the stones and add the blackberries.
- Cook for 5 minutes and serve warm with the cake.