This recipe was provided by the Head Chef at The Moody Boar Restaurant in County Armagh.
Preparation Time 2 Hours
Cooking Time 8 Hours
- 1/2 Pinkertons pork belly, skin left on
- 1 large black pudding sausage, thinly sliced
- 250g breadcrumbs (to pane)
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery sticks
- 570ml Carsons Crisp Cider
- Dash oil
- 1 knob of butter
- Preheat the oven to 100°C/gas mark ¼
- Roughly, chop the onions, celery & carrots, place in a deep tray. Arrange the pork on top, add cider.
- Cover with parchment, tightly wrap with tin foil. Cook for 8 hours until soft.Remove from the oven & drain excess
- juice into a jug, store in the fridge.Peel the skin off the warm pork belly & discard. Line tray (same size as the
- cooked belly) with cling film.
- Carefully slice belly (it’ll look like slices of streaky bacon), press them into the tray.
- Place a layer of sliced pudding onto the pork, repeat the process again until finished.
- Cover with cling film, press with a sturdy weight & refrigerate overnight.
- Remove pork & cut into 8 equally-sized portions, coat with the breadcrumbs.
- Keep in fridge until required.
- (2nd instructions)Cut celeriac into julienne (very thin strips).
- In a pan on a low-medium heat, lightly cook the onions in butter, add garlic & thyme.
- Remove pork juice from fridge & remove fat from top – you will be left with a clear jelly.
- Add jelly & cream to the onions.
- Cook until reduced by half then add the celeriac & cook, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Remove from the heat, stir in mustard.Now grate in the apple & mix.
- (3rd instructions)
- Place in a pan along with the sugar & cider, cook slowly until the apples are soft and there is no liquid left.
- Blend until smooth.
- (4th instructions)
- Place all of the ingredients in the stock and bring to a gentle boil.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes until soft & tender, strain & blend with cream & lemon juice until smooth.
- Pass through a fine strainer & season.
- Pan-fry the pork in a little oil until golden brown on all sides.
- Warm the celeriac remoulade and place in the centre of the plate.
- Place the pork belly on top & then the warm apple purée.
- Lastly put a spoonful of the celeriac puree around the plate (swipe).