A real classic, this breakfast club sandwich will put a smile on your face. Perfect for impressing friends who come to stay and ideal for those mornings after the night before!
With credit to HGCA, Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board.
Preparation Time 15 Minutes
Cooking Time 20 Minutes
- 400g cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- 1 tbsp spray oil
- 8 rashers smoked back bacon
- 4 medium eggs
- 12 slices wholemeal farmhouse bread, toasted
- 4 tbsp reduced fat cream cheese
- 25g watercress
- 2 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Place the tomatoes on the vine in a small roasting tin and spray with oil, roast for 15-20 minutes. Once cooked remove from the vine.
- Meanwhile grill the bacon for 4-5 minutes or until crispy. Fry the eggs in a non-stick pan with some spray oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Spread 4 slices of the toast with the cream cheese and top with the watercress then the bacon.
- Spread a further 4 slices of toast with the mayonnaise and top with the tomatoes and then the egg. Add the remaining 4 slices of toast and secure with a wooden skewer.
- Top tip – You might prefer to try poached or scrambled eggs. You can also try this with other types of bread or a breakfast muffin.
This recipe may include: Eggs